Following the many requests of the people that we have the chance to meet and photograph, we decided to create a Paris tips page with advice from people borned & raised in the city of love & lights : transportation, food, activity…
To move everywhere while you will be in Paris :
– Metro (Subway) : very easy and convenient: http://parisbytrain.com/paris-metro/
– UBER application : a private driver (same as a taxi) for a ride who will not cost you more than it should !
– Bicycle in Paris : they are everywhere, it will cots you 1.50 euros to rent one for 30 mn, as many time as you want during 24h ! Look around, you can’t miss them. You only need a credit card to get one.
– Paris is a lovely city to walk : to make it easy if you don’t have 4G service, download the application “Maps.me” who runs only with your GPS (free even if you don’t have connection) & get the map “Paris” ! Easy : Ios / Android.
A private transport service in Paris… aboard beautiful cars or vans stamped Mercedes, with pleasant drivers speaking several languages : MyDriverParis
Website : www.mydriverparis.com
Phone / What’s App : 0033 662 465 078
All is almost about food in France… and even more in Paris !
France is well known for its gastronomy. The simplest things are often the best and I recommend you stop at one of the bakeries for nice sweet things like croissant or tarts. Take advantage of this opportunity to grab different breads and get some good cheese from the cheese maker after buying a nice bottle of wine from Nicolas (wine specialist). There are many parks in Paris, it’s a good opportunity for a picnic !
Bouillon Chartier – The Oldest Bistrot in Paris
In 1896, the Bouillon Chartier was born out of a very simple concept – provide a decent meal at a reasonable price and give customers good service. This place has known and been touched by all those, the many famous and anonymous faces, who have dined there, on romantic dates, as a family or with friends. It has developed more than a personality; they have given it a soul! Have a seat at a table and take the time to admire the famous sideboards where regulars kept their own, personal napkins and the painting by Germont, who gave it to the establishment as payment for his debt there. Watch the elegant to and fro of servers dressed in black vests and white aprons, unmatched for their efficiency. And then get ready to delight your taste buds!
Le café du commerce – Fancy Bistrot
The Café du Commerce was born in 1921 and belongs to the line of Parisian “bouillons” of the 19th century.
Marie and Etienne GUERRAUD, independent restaurants in the 15th arrondissement of Paris for 22 years, took up the challenge of taking over this great institution in March 2003.
They made the bet to bring simplicity to the plate through products selected with passion from local french craftsmen.
Unique in Paris, the Café du Commerce welcomes you along its 3 floors decorated with plants and open to the sky of Paris. A couple or group, share the intimacy or friendliness of a good table where the service carries the colors of Paris.
La fontaine de Mars – Southwestern French specialties bistrot
La Fontaine de Mars is one of the oldest bistros in Paris. Opened in 1908, three families have succeeded each other until today …
The appetite must be solid … Foie gras, confit, cassoulets are homemade and compete with the finest live products of each region sprinkled with fresh wines !
Terrass Hotel – Amaizing view from the terrass
Everything is in the title, a hotel that makes restaurant on top of the roof!
An exceptional view on Paris which is worth the stop…
Even if the prices are a little to high regarding the food they serve (according to me) !
My favorite place to eat in Paris ?
I just let me be guided by a great app to find a place in my budget and whatever my desires are (french, indian, italian, or japonese…) just around where I am! There are so many good tables in Paris that it would be a shame to miss a good place close from where you stay or where you are. Bonus : there are often discounts if you book through the application. It’s called “La Fourchette” (the fork)!
Bon appétit !
You don’t know where to start and are looking for the finest products in Paris ?
What about activities in Paris ?
Museum, concert, exhibition, for childrens or grand childrens ?
There are so many and for all tastes that I prefer to let you choose depending on your preferences…
- Museum (Louvre, Orsay),
- Gardens (Tuileries, Monceau & Luxembourg gardens)
- Lovely areas such as Montmartre, Notre Dame, le marais, Champs-Elysées, Saint-Germain-des-Près, Latin Quarter…
> Exhibitions, concert :
You can take a look here, there is also some good discount, we all use it in France : ticketmaster.
> You are a soccer fan or just want to make a gift to your love as “he played the game” with you for the photo session, come to see a PSG game (famous parisian & european team) : billeterie du PSG
You are looking for something special you didn’t find online ?
Feel free to ask us as we are born in Paris & may now what you are looking for ! Always happy to help & to share good local tips : contact us
Still looking to hire a photographer in Paris ?
Don’t hesitate and contact us to know more about our packages & prices.
Useful links on The Parisian Photographers website :
- Portfolio : more about the different locations in Paris (with many photography).
- Surprise proposal in Paris : how we will help you to set up the perfect surprise ? Easy, check our surprise proposal page.
- Elopment & wedding : In Paris or anywhere, we are destination photographers.
- About : to know more about our team & your english speaking photographer in Paris.
- FAQ : Frequently asked questions about Paris Photoshoot.
- Blog : Go to The Parisian Photographers blog to see the latest posts & much more of Paris photography !
- Contact : Come to meet us & feel free for questions !
- Paris tip’s : Some tips about transportation, food & activities from a native “parisien”.